Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bitch Slapped by Mercury Retrograde

                                   

    As a Virgo whose ruling planet is in Mercury, every time it goes retrograde I take a beating. To add insult to injury, I am exalted in Mercury, which means my exacting 5th chakra communication skills go down the toilet. Now that we are in a watery Pisces, Mercury retrograde is in its detriment sending me spinning into a vortex of emotionality, incoherency, and irrationality. I wish I could blame this on PMS or just a bad day.

    For those unfamiliar with astrology, here is a good description of what it is like to be exalted in Mercury from whereincity.com astrology:

“Mercury signifies advisory roles, strategists, business & commerce, research scholars, accountant, transporters, publishers, salesman, traders and diplomat etc. It signifies as friend and communicator with intelligence, rationality, imagination, wit, cleverness, skill, shrewdness, sound judgment, humor and flexibility. It has its best appearance in witty, fond of jokes and laughter. Its signification is attractive features, well-proportioned body, large eyes and witticism. It is the planet of your mental life. It shows how you receive, process and disseminate information.

    One can imagine if all of the above became oppositionally defiant due to being retrograde what the result would be to one’s psyche. I am cast adrift in a sea of fog. There are no lighthouses, stars, or landmarks to guide me through this miasma. The only relief will come with the direct motion of Mercury on March 1st. Until then, I remain in my survivor suit on the USS Mercury Retrograde.


No comments:

Post a Comment