Saturday, February 8, 2020

I SHALL NOT DESPAIR

I am tired of being pushed around
By people tryin' to keep me down
Extorting justice, inducing fear
No, I shall not fall into despair.

Chicanery lording over me
Sophistry offered as a remedy
Rolling off their tongues without a care
Still, I will not be led into despair.

From the powerful men in justice
To political frauds saying trust us
Touting their hype with the Lord's Prayer
Nay, I won't be bamboozled into despair.

Muzzling sexual exploitation
With a sparkling explanation 
Believing the rape was just an affair
Will make me angry instead of despair.

My body is not their constitutional vessel
For their controlling legislative wrestle
Denying my freedom with conservative fanfare
Will have me marching but not consumed with despair.

Protecting a dictator's orange lying ways
Absolving atrocities because you're afraid
Malfeasance abounds but I bid you beware
I have the power to vote and won't despair.














No comments:

Post a Comment