Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pay No Attention to the Woman Behind the Curtain





I am a lost soul
Drifting aimlessly in a sea of confusion.

I am an inconsolable woman
Struggling to rise above the sum of her past.

I am an obsessed mind
Possessed by unrelenting cogitation.

I am the smiling face
Whose mask betrays her sorrow.

I am the expert strategist
With no contingency plan.

I am the intuitive speaker
Profoundly uttering nothing.

I am occupying space
Unseen by those around me.

I am certainly sure
Prayers implored will be unanswered.

I am a wandering spirit
Seeking a spiritual home.

I am an incomplete painting
In search of an inspired artist.

I am dancing in the dark
Looking for court and spark.

I am a sensuous lover
Forsaken by unbridled doubt.

I am a risk taker
Losing at love's roulette.

I am the introverted writer
Behind the electronic curtain.



















No comments:

Post a Comment