Friday, May 26, 2017

From Russia with Love


I remember Stalin killing 11 million people in World War II.

I remember my Polish kin telling stories how they were decimated by the Russians following the war.

I remember practicing atom bomb preparedness in the 60s because of Khrushchev's threats.

I remember Russia's invasion of Czechoslovakia.

I remember growing up with Ukrainians telling stories of Russia's ruthlessness, only to see it again.

I remember when another country could not influence our elections.

I remember when we were a county of immigrants seeking shelter from treacherous regimes.

I remember when the Soviet Union fell apart and there was hope for democracy.

I remember when collaborating with Russia was considered treason.

Now we have an administration so tied into Russia, we are sensing another invasion.

Money, greed, and power has supplanted the lessons of history.

Slowly and methodically Trump is attempting to desensitize us into thinking Russia is our friend.

Though we cannot yet prove it, they installed him as President to make us their newest conquest.

Almost all the President's men (and daughter) have financial ties to Russia.

I have not forgotten the lessons of history and how dangerous Putin is.

I have not forgotten the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America.

Those who forget the past are doomed to see it repeated.






No comments:

Post a Comment