Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sean Hannity's Delusion about Being Client #3



"Let me set the record straight. Here's the truth. Michael Cohen never represented me in any legal manner. I never retained his services. I never received an invoice. I never paid Michael Cohen for legal fees. I did have occasional brief conversations with Michael Cohen -- he is a great attorney -- about legal questions I had.
"My questions exclusively focused on real estate," he added. "I said many times on my radio show, I hate the stock market, I prefer real estate. Michael knows real estate. In response to all the wild speculation, I want to set the record straight here tonight. ... I have no personal interest in this legal matter. That is all there is. Nothing more." -Sean Hannity explaining why he is not a client though being named by Michael Cohen.

Okay, let me get this straight: Michael Cohen only has three clients, two of whom he acted as a professional pimp by paying off his client's alleged embarrassing sexual liaisons which his clients wanted buried. The third mystery client, Mr. Cohen, was forced by the court to reveal is none other than Mr. Fox, Sean Hannity. What is wrong with this picture? If Mr. Hannity was not 'a client' why didn't he want to be named? Probably because Mr. Hannity has a lot of explaining to do. 


Mr. Hannity asserts he has a 'right to privacy'. Somehow this rings hollow considering there are huge conflicts of interest for a reporter who steadfastly defends Mr. Trump, and considers his news coverage to be 'fair and balanced,' to share the same attorney. I doubt this would have passed the BS test if Obama had been his attorney-sharing president. Even Alan Dershowitz, who has offered Trump legal advice during the Cohen raid and appeared on Hannity's show, thought Hannity should have disclosed his relationship to the president's attorney. 


"Some of Hannity's own explanations are also head-scratching. On the radio earlier in the day, Hannity said "I might have handed him ten bucks" and told Cohen "I definitely want attorney-client privilege on this" at times." -CNN.com


For God's sake, who pays a New York attorney with only two other clients ten bucks to have attorney-client privilege? Someone with something to hide. 


In the meantime, some savvy entrepreneur needs to mass produce the latest t-shirt du jour, 'Client #3'.






No comments:

Post a Comment