Monday, June 23, 2014

My Karmic Gifts

Yesterday on my walk I was meditating on existential melancholy and possible existential anecdotes. Suddenly I thought about karmic gifts we come into this world with which enable us to endure change and loss until it passes into joy. So I thought I would share with you some of the karmic gifts I am grateful to be endowed with:
  • Divine protection. Let's face it, I came from a dysfunctional family with parents who were too overwhelmed with their own issues, let alone their children's, to adequately protect me from or prepare me for life. In spite of this, I always had, and still have, a sense of being divinely protected. I have been in a number of dangerous situations working with committed patients and felonious criminals in Voc Rehab. Yet, I have never been placed in harm's way. Even when I have totaled my car twice, I walked away without any injuries. Now that's divine protection.
  • Luck. I have always said, "I am not the best, I am the luckiest." How fortunate I have been to have always landed in the right place at the right time. In a million years I never thought a relatively simple woman from Minnesota would have ever had the career opportunities I have had. Luck has been instrumental in opening doors when logically I had no chance.
  • Intuition. It's always been the primary sense which has enabled me to look beyond the horror story of the worst days I have experienced in life. My intuition allows me to know I am a small part in a bigger plan, a channel for good, and a conduit to get messages to people which they would not have gotten any other way. Having the ability to predict behavior (and sometimes death) has taught me to embrace what I can change and accept what I cannot. There is no doubt it is a more difficult road being an intuitive; my reality does not conform to the formula-based culture. Despite the anguish of knowing certain events will happen that I cannot stop, I feel I was given this gift for a purpose and try to use it wisely.
  • Emotional sentience. I may not make the most expedient choices, but I always understand the emotional ramifications from multiple points of view when I make critical decisions. Before I switched in my 40s, I was an ENFJ. This made me too sensitive to others emotions & frequently at the affect of them. Though feeling is no longer dominant, I  can understand where people are coming from without getting caught up in the emotionalism. People may not agree with me but usually feel I have listened well to them and have considered their feelings.
  • Strategy/Ideation. The Gallop people have said in their strength's book, that you cannot teach strategy, people are born with it. Having both strategy and ideation gives me creative ideas to work around the most complex of problems. More importantly, it gives me a sense of empowerment.
  • Good Friends. I may not have had a good family but I am blessed with good friends. Life is sweeter knowing I have people who accept me unconditionally, bring joy to my life, and are available to be a shoulder to cry on. How could I be more blessed?
There are more karmic gifts but these are the ones I notice on a daily basis. What are yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment