Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cześć to my Polish Readers

 
     When I started this blog I never thought I would see readers from Poland. Witam pana.
     My Polish compatriots are close to my heart as my father's family emigrated from Rytro, Poland, to Minneapolis,Minnesota in about 1908. Minneapolis has the second largest population of people of Polish descent in the United States. I have relatives who still live In Rytro on the original family farm near the Tatra mountains. All of my life I have wanted to visit where my grandparents farm was but have not had the opportunity as of yet. 
     In Minneapolis, I was raised in a Polish, Ukrainian, and German neighborhood. For many years I attended the local Polish church, Holy Cross, where I also went to parochial school. Though I am only half Polish, it had an incredible impact on my life. I am grateful to have been raised in such a rich culture.
     Na razie.





     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment